I was feeling a little stressed this morning and decided I could use a little mom comedy. So, I thought I would share it with you, my faithful readers (translation – those of you that just have nothing better to do for the moment!).
The following was printed on one of the fun little notes that my mother hid around the house for me while she was staying with us over the weekend.
I thought this was perfect and should be read and signed by every member of the family. I even considered, for a moment, that I should hang it on the wall, next to our list of family values but was afraid it would scare them all off.
Mom’s 10 Commandments for a Happy Household
- If you take it out, put it away.
- If you eat on it, wash it.
- If you turn it on, turn it off.
- If you mess it up, clean it up.
- If you drop it, pick it up.
- If it rings, answer it. (I am not sure I want my 6 year old doing this one!)
- If it barks, walk it.
- If you open it, close it.
- If I cook it, eat it. (I would like to tatoo this one on my oldest’s forehead!)
- If I say do it, don’t ask why.
Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone obeyed Mom’s 10 Commandments?
Can you think of any other’s you’d like to add to the list?